2 project overview
ADMIN DASHBOARD: 60 – 70 hours
The Admin Dashboard will provide an overview of all client accounts to VetSoft. It will also allow VetSoft to create new whitelabel accounts in order to onboard new clients. This section will greatly improve the accuracy of billing, as VetSoft would be able to determine the exact amount of accounts to bill for each client.
CONSULTATION DASHBOARD: 50 – 60 hours
The Consultation Dashboard will facilitate the management and treatments of patients within the vet’s consulting room. The vet will have access to certain sections of the Reception Dashboard, to be determined by consultation with VetSoft. This will work on a permissions basis whereby access it given to certain functions.
CLIENT ONBOARDING / DATA SYNC: 25 hours
Upon launch, existing client data would need to be migrated to the new VetSoft product. This will be done via a developed script to transfer and re-arrange data to suit the new cloud-based platform.
RECEPTION DASHBOARD: 165 – 190 hours
This is where the bulk of the functionality will sit. It will allow the reception/front desk to effectively manage clients, patients, billing and stock.
The receptionist will be able to:
- Add/Edit a client
- Add/Edit a patient
- View and filter an overview of all clients and patients, including their own profile with purchase/treatment history
- Add/edit a treatment schedule per patients. This will allow automated emails to inform clients of follow-up appointments and/or next vaccination schedules etc.
- Add/Edit the patient status or add/edit special flags/notes to their profile
- Create/Edit product/service combos
- Create/Edit new appointments via the booking calendar – each Vet will have their own calendar slots and times.
- Create and email customer invoices and quotations – in keeping with modern trends, we suggest not adding the function to print invoices, but rather using email. Integrating with external harddrive will incur additional costs.
- Create a phone book where important contact numbers and information can be stored for easy access in case of emergency.
HOSPITAL ADMISSION & DISCHARGE / HOSPITAL QUEUE: 25 hours
- Load patient from overview
- Select Admin to hospital
- Select Dr/Vet
- Enter symptoms
- Confirm Hospitalisation
- Options to print a form/page containing: hospital form, indemnity form, treatment box
- View the hospital queue
- Move patient to the discharge queue
- Transfer a patient to a different location/branch
POS: 50 – 60 hours
- Scan barcode with scanner or manually input barcode * Hardware integration cost to be determined
- Select to pay cash or credit card
- Print till slip to the printer: If cash – auto-open the cash till drawer * Hardware integration cost to be determined
*here we will need to consider hardware integration with the till & tillslip printer
STOCK CONTROL: 50 – 60 hours
Create new stock:
- List stock categories and select relevant category
- Insert stock information – product codes, supplier etc
- Set if stock should prompt to print drug label on checkout
- Insert dosage information
- Select warehouse/branch
- Select supplier
- insert stock invoice details
- Insert product info & quantities etc
When stock is loaded, the system will automatically add new quantities to the total, and when a sale is made, quantities will be subtracted
STRAYS – LOST & FOUND: 25 hours
Load new stray
- Insert client details (who brought the stray in)
- Insert information for animal (option to also load a photo)
- Information about where it was found
- Location information about where the stray is kept
Edit stray profile
View/Search all stray animals
Set stray as “found” to remove from section
*This could also eventually become a public directory where people can try and find their animals. Would require additional costing.
LAB TRACKING: 10 hours
Browse to the patient and insert new lab record
Request lab record – the vet will select a lab and an auto-email will be sent for a sample to be collected
When results return: vet can insert relevant result text and the lab request will remain under the patient profile for future viewing
MICROCHIP NUMBER UTILITY: 6 hours
Insert microchip number to patient’s profile – will be saved here for future reference and be searchable on the system.
*Additional cost would apply if we need to integrate with a microchip scanner
DRUG LABEL PRINTING – TBC
Integrate sticker printer to enable printing of labels on checkout.
Estimated Budget Required:
R385 000 – R445 000 ex VAT
Payment Option One
Deposit: R50 000
Balance: Payable over 6 months in equal installments
Payment Option Two
Deposit: R50 000
Balance: Payable in monthly installments as client budget allows*
Upon receipt of the deposit, an in-depth project scope and wireframe will be developed to determine the final cost within our estimation range.
*A certain amount of hours will be purchased per month, depending on the client budget. The project deadline will be adjusted accordingly
**These costs do not include any hardware integrations as outlined below
All cost exclude VAT
HARDWARE INTEGRATIONS – Requires cost estimate after getting hardware specs/documentation
- Till slip printer
- Till (To trigger open event)
- Drug label/sticker printer
- Barcode Scanner
- Microchip Scanner
Execution of this work is a collaboration –
a perfect blend of creativity, forward-thinking, and experience between
DIGITAL DRAWING ROOM + WAPP
As natural-born problem solvers, we are the digital agency that will help you realise your potential, reimagine your customer experience and reinvent your future.
Our multiple award-winning software and app development team will bring your business ideas to life.